Davindra Dhanessar Realtor


The H1-B visa (Professional in a Specialty Occupation) allows a U.S. employer to fill a position requiring the minimum of a baccalaureate in the particular field with a qualified foreign worker.  He or she must possess a U.S. bachelor’s degree or an accredited foreign equivalent.  


The H1-B visa is for foreign workers who will hold specialty occupations.  A specialty occupation is one which “requires theoretical and practical application of a body of highly specialized knowledge to fully perform the occupation AND which requires the attainment of a bachelor’s degree or higher in a specific specialty as a minimum for entry into the occupation in the United States.”  The employer must demonstrate a need for someone in a specialty occupation as the minimum capacity to perform his or her job duties. 

As of this writing, Congress has set a limit of 65,000 for H-1B most workers.  Those who work for universities, government and non-profit research organizations are not subject to the H-1B cap.   Additionally, the first 20,000 H-1B workers who have a U.S. master’s degree or higher are exempt from the cap.   




We represent clients regarding simple and complicated employment-based immigration matters

before the U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Service.


(626) 458-2888

Welcome to

Law Offices of Amy Haihua Gu, APC

Disclaimer: All information provided on this site is of a general nature and may not apply to any particular set of facts or circumstances. It is not legal advice and does not constitute an engagement of Law Offices of Amy Haihua Gu or establish an attorney-client relationship.


© 2016 Law Office of Amy Haihua Gu.  All rights reserved.

Proudly designed by WebDesignStudioPro.com